Tuesday, June 12, 2012

6.12.2012 Fiber Trade Review

Interesting day.  It would appear that I did not learn my lesson from last week's trading but in fact I'm OK with what happened today.

I went long on the fiber at the 2490 level.  This was simply an OTE from the London move and had SMT and USDx divergence.  Price moved up to within 2 pips of my first take profit but then came back to stop me out at break even.

With the divergences still there I re-entered.  However, much like last Wednesday price ran all the way down to the 2450 level stopping me out for a 2% loss (I demo traded off the 80 level and when price ran down to the 50 I went long on my real account.  Click here for a review:   June 6, 2012 Fiber Trade Review)

I re-entered long at 2450 and have mitigated the 2% loss.  2/3 of the trade is still open with the stop loss now at 2485.  I am trying to reach for the daily high at 2530 and the next resistance level of 2580.

One thing I am mulling over is having only trades that are directly reacting to HTF support and resistance levels be 2% risk and having trades such as a New York open re-trace that is reacting to implied support and resistance be 1% risk.




No comments:

Post a Comment