Thursday, June 14, 2012

6.14.2012 Cable Trade

As posted before I was looking to enter long if price came down to the 5500 figure.

Price traded down to the figure but I couldn't find any type of confirmation of a reversal using SMT or USDx divergence.  The only confirmation I could find was a Type II stochastic divergence using the second swing low formed out of London which is a bit shaky.  I had to drill down to a 5 minute chart on both before I finally found fiber starting to distribute while cable was still accumulating.

By that time price was trading near 5515.  I waited until it got to 5512 and entered long.  Not much I could do about the entry.  I didn't want to enter just off the figure and retracement of the London move so I had to wait.  Cost me 12 pips.  Also I only entered 1% risk on this one.

Price has now traded up to 5542 and I took half the position off.  Going to leave on the other half for 1500 GMT or 5600 figure.


No comments:

Post a Comment